We are currently seeking a talented individual to join our team as a Production Technician. Reporting to the Plant Production Manager, the Production Technician will participate in all aspects of plant production operations for the Maizex production facility in Blenheim, Ontario. This position will play a key role in ensuring our customers are receiving the highest-level of value from our product offering.
- Participate in seed corn harvest activities which could include receiving, drying, shelling and bulk storage seed movement.
- Safe operation of farm equipment (tractor and wagons).
- Production activities such as seed conditioning, treating, packaging, rework, etc.
- Load preparation for seed shipments and warehousing activities including safe operation of forklifts.
- Plant equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Sorting returned seed and assisting with repackaging.
- Assisting in accurate inventory counts and seed sampling.
- Ideally, having a background or previous experience in one or more of the following settings: light industrial, manufacturing, field production/farming, seed processing and handling or warehousing.
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations.
- Must be mechanically inclined, organized, self-motivated, flexible, and able to work with limited supervision.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong skills in personal organization, time management and self-initiation.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 1-3 years of related experience.
Location: Blenheim, ON
Position Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 10, 2023
We offer a competitive wage, benefit package, and safe work environment.
Maizex Seeds is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture.