We are currently seeking a talented individual to join our team as Plant Production Manager. Reporting to the General Manager, the Plant Production Manager will oversee all plant production operations for the Maizex production facility in Blenheim, Ontario. As Plant Production Manager, you will lead a team of highly qualified individuals focused in the areas of seed processing and supply chain management. This position will play a key role in ensuring our customers are receiving the highest level of value from our product offering.
- Build and manage team of highly qualified individuals to achieve plant production objectives across the organization.
- Manage daily plant operations at the Maizex facility in Blenheim, ON, including seed grading, processing, treating, packaging, and warehouse management.
- Ensure all plant production operations are coordinated and executed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Coach and empower employees on your team to build a culture of collaboration to achieve our business objectives.
- Oversee quality management protocols in all aspects of seed processing and product management to ensure the highest level of product quality is achieved.
- Lead facility maintenance activities, including the implementation of facility and equipment maintenance schedules and oversight of capital investment projects in accordance with established budgets.
- Assist in inventory management of both raw and finished goods warehoused at the facility in Blenheim.
- Work closely with the customer service team to facilitate the timely shipment of Maizex products to our distribution across Canada.
- Accountable for identifying improvement opportunities and implementing action plans within the production team to ensure the highest level of operational efficiency.
- Proven experience as an organizational leader, with 3+ years of experience in a leadership role.
- Previous experience in seed production, supply chain management, or manufacturing.
- Strong organizational skills including demonstrated ability to effectively organize and prioritize workload and manage a multi-task environment.
- Strong communication skills (including telephone, e-mail, and presentation skills).
- Displays a high level of leadership skills and management ability.
- Strong computational skills including PC experience with proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications and multiple ERP applications (experience with Sage 300 or Microsoft Navision would be an asset).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of people with the ability to analyze and solve problems in an empowered, self-directed work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Business Management preferred. Diploma in related field with relevant experience can be substituted.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 3+ years of experience in production operations or manufacturing, preferably in agriculture.
- Bilingual: spoken and written French and English.
We offer competitive wages, a benefit package, and a safe work environment. Maizex Seeds is an equal opportunity employer committed to fair and accessible employment practices in a workplace that is inclusive.
Location: Blenheim, ON
Position Type: Full time
Date Posted: Jan 17, 2023
Application Deadline: Mar 17, 2023
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.