We are currently seeking a talented individual to join our team as a Plant Operator. Reporting to the Plant Production Manager, the Plant Operator will participate in all aspects of plant production operations for the Maizex production facility in Tilbury, Ontario. This position will play a key role in ensuring our customers are receiving the highest-level of value from our product offering.
- Responsible for overall operation of seed conditioning, treating, and packaging line.
- Monitoring quality of processing operations and performing corrective machine adjustments as required.
- Conducting routine quality verifications of finished goods, documenting and communicating results.
- Participating in seed corn harvest activities, which could include receiving, drying, shelling, and bulk storage seed movement.
- Plant equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Sorting returned seed and operation of repacking line.
- Assisting in accurate inventory counts and seed sampling.
- Ideally, having a background or previous experience in one or more of the following settings: light industrial, manufacturing, field production/farming, seed processing and handling or warehousing.
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations.
- Must be mechanically inclined, organized, self-motivated, flexible, and able to work with limited supervision.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong skills in personal organization, time management and self-initiation.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 1-3 years of related experience.
Location: Tilbury, ON
Position Type: Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 18, 2023
Please send your resume to Chad Faubert at email@example.com.
We offer competitive wages, benefit package and a safe work environment. Maizex Seeds is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fair and accessible employment practices in a workplace that is inclusive.
Maizex Seeds is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture.