Powered By Maizex and LALFIX PROYIELD LIQUID Soybean Inoculant
Purchase a minimum of 100 acres of Maizex soybeans, protected by Lallemand’s LALFIX PROYIELD LIQUID Soybean inoculant, and you will be qualified to enter the Hometown Roots contest for your chance to support your community with $5,000 payable to any local organization of your choice*.
*Some conditions apply.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. SPONSORS: The HOMETOWN ROOTS Family Contest Powered by Maizex and LALFIX PROYIELD LIQUID Soybean Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Lallemand Plant Care, 1620 rue Prefontaine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H1W 2N8 (“Lallemand”) and Maizex Seeds Inc., 4488 Mint Lane, Tilbury, Ontario, N0P 2L0 (“Maizex”) (collectively, the “Sponsors”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to growers and farmers who are legal residents of Ontario or the Maritimes (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island only), who are age of majority in their province at time of entry and purchase a minimum of 100 acres of Maizex soybeans, treated with Lallemand inoculant (LALFIX PROYIELD LIQUID Soybean) from an authorized Maizex dealer, with the exception of employees of the Sponsors, their parents, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, Contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household.
By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of these Contest Rules, in the Sponsors’ sole discretion whose decisions are final, are subject to disqualification by the Sponsors.
3. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: This Contest begins on August 16, 2023 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ends on March 31, 2024 at 12:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest End Date”), after which this Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You can enter this Contest by purchasing a minimum of 100 acres of Maizex soybeans, treated with Lallemand inoculant (LALFIX PROYIELD LIQUID Soybean) (minimum $10,000.00 including tax) from an authorized Maizex dealer (“Maizex Dealer”), providing your full name (first and last name), farm name, mailing address, e-mail address and contact telephone number to the Maizex Dealer and have the Maizex Dealer enter you into the Contest.
Limit one (1) entry per farm.
Purchase Requirements: The Sponsors will verify with retail locations that purchases were made in the amounts required by these Contest Rules. If the minimum amount of purchase are returned during the Contest period, entrants that return that amount of product will be ineligible to win any prize.
5. CONTEST PRIZES: There are two (2) prizes available to be won, each consisting of a $5,000 cheque payable to a local community organization or charity of each winner’s choice. All community organizations and local charities must be approved by the Sponsors, in the Sponsors’ sole discretion, whose decisions are final.
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering or participating in this Contest. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. The Sponsors reserve the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
7. SKILL TESTING QUESTION: Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsors’ mathematical skill-testing question.
8. WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: On April 10, 2024 at 10:00 a.m. ET at 4488 Mint Lane, Tilbury, Ontario, N0P 2L0 (“Draw Date”) an employee, agent or other representative of Maizex will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before the Contest End Date and select the potential winners of this Contest (the “Selected Entrants”). The Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules, in the sole discretion of the Sponsors, whose decisions are final.
If a Selected Entrant does not meet any eligibility criteria set out in these Contest rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsors’ skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsors’ Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (“Winner Release”); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsors, whose decisions are final.
The Selected Entrants will be notified within one (1) business day of the draw and will be contacted by the telephone number or e-mail address provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to three attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within seventy-two (72) hours following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw.
The Sponsors’ signed Winner Release must be received by the Sponsors no later than April 24, 2024 and sent to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a Selected Entrant’s response. Contest prizes will be hand delivered to winners by sales representatives or employees of the Sponsors.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address or associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with his/her selected entry.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winners of this Contest must sign the Sponsors’ Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept their prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsors, their departments and agencies, parents, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of this Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of an entry by the Sponsors, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of this Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in this Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of a prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of these Contest Rules or participation in this Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsors.
The Sponsors are not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in this Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding this Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in this Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of an entry by the Sponsors; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, this Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsors reserve the right to cancel this Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the date on which the Contest was cancelled.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in this Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, farm name, farm address, postal code, e-mail address, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, all as may be edited, translated or otherwise modified by the Sponsors in the Sponsors’ sole discretion, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsors, without further notice or compensation.
Law: This Contest is void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsors, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto.
Rule amendments: The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsors. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsors is strictly prohibited.
© Lallemand Plant Care and Maizex Seeds Inc., 2023. All Rights Reserved.